ENGYS is delighted to announce the release v2.1.0 of HELYX®, a comprehensive Computational Fluid Dynamics software solution for engineering design and optimisation based around the open-source library OPENFOAM®. The software combines the best of both worlds: the proven capabilities, support and reliability of commercial tools with the inherent advantages of cost-effective, scalable open-source solutions.
HELYX® v2.1.0 incorporates many new features and enhancements with respect to previous versions of the code, including:
- Extended support for both Linux and Windows platforms
- Up-to-date fully validated open-source simulation engine
- Improved hex-based paralell meshing algorithm
- Added support for highly compressible flows in HELYX-GUI
- Added support for parallel distributed computing in HELYX-GUI
- New function objects for solution monitoring
- New Custom interface in HELYX-GUI for prescribing user-defined input files and fields
- Improved 3D viewport rendering
- New tutorial cases and up-to-date documentation, all accessible via the Help menu in the GUI
- New HELYX® add-on modules for extended functionality, including coupled solvers and ship-hull hydrodynamics fast solver
- New SpaceClaim add-on for direct CAD export to HELYX®
For further information about HELYX® features and availability please visit our dedicated HELYX webpage.
About ENGYS (www.engys.com):
ENGYS develops, supports and delivers best-in-class CAE software solutions based on open source technologies, offering a variety of expert products and services focused around the OPENFOAM® library for CFD and DAKOTA for MDO. ENGYS involvement with FOAM and OPENFOAM® dates back to 1999, providing unparalleled knowledge and experience in the development, integration and application of this tool to deliver open-source based CFD solutions worldwide. The company operates globally through a network of offices in the UK, Germany, Italy, USA and Australia, and local distributors in Japan and Benelux.