ENGYS is delighted to announce the release of ELEMENTS version 4.1.0, the latest iteration of the open-source CFD software suite for automotive design applications produced by Streamline Solutions LLC. This release also includes updated versions of the ELEMENTS-Adjoint and ELEMENTS-Coupled add-on modules.
What's New in ELEMENTS 4.1.0:
ELEMENTS continues to revolutionise CFD solutions for vehicle design applications, offering an integrated package that combines a dedicated virtual wind tunnel wizard with a versatile CFD interface. In this latest release, ELEMENTS 4.1.0 introduces a wealth of enhancements, setting new standards in automotive CFD design:
- Create Charts Functionality: ELEMENTS now offers the ability to create fully customisable XY scatter and Histogram plots as view objects. Users can utilise monitoring functions and .csv files as sources for these plots. Additionally, several tutorials now include Charts for reference.
- Multi-Display Functionality: multi-display functionality has been introduced to enable users to create and tile multiple displays within the 3D viewport. These displays can also be detached as separate windows, providing a tailored and efficient workflow.
- Multiple Camera Views: users can now define new camera views for each scene and customise properties, or leverage a view from the viewport to overwrite camera settings in a scene. This feature is particularly useful for viewing a single scene from multiple angles.
- Customizable Reports: the creation of reports have been refactored in ELEMENTS, enabling users to create custom scenes and customise reports using python scripting.
- Reference Frames: a dedicated reference frame has been added to the center of the vehicle, utilised for setting up scene cameras when generating reports.
Accessing ELEMENTS 4.1.0:
Existing users can access the latest version 4.1.0 via the ENGYS Customer Portal. If you are not already a user of ELEMENTS and wish to explore its potential, visit the ELEMENTS product page or contact ENGYS to schedule a live demonstration and join the growing community of automotive OEMs, tier-1 suppliers, and Formula 1 teams already benefiting from ELEMENTS.
Explore ELEMENTS at ENGYS UGM 2023:
Learn more about ELEMENTS 4.1.0 at the upcoming ENGYS User Group Meeting (UGM) in Frankfurt, Germany, from 23rd to 25th October 2023. Join ENGYS for a full-day ELEMENTS workshop session, along with two days packed with presentations, insights, and networking with industry experts. Registrations are free and can be completed on the ENGYS UGM’s website.
About Streamline Solutions:
Streamline Solutions LLC, a joint venture formed between ENGYS and Auto Research Center, was founded in the USA in early 2012 to service the vehicle design software market, covering automotive, motorsports, commercial and military applications. The company develops and markets the software ELEMENTS, a CFD analysis and vehicle design optimisation suite powered by open-source solver technologies developed by ENGYS as part of its CFD software HELYX. Streamline Solutions combines ENGYS’ leading-edge software development and support, a long and reputable participation in the open-source software business, with ARC’s proven vehicle design expertise and world leading wind tunnel and experimental facilities for validation purposes.