ENGYS is delighted to announce the release v2.2.0 of HELYX®, a comprehensive Computational Fluid Dynamics software solution for engineering design and optimisation based around the open-source library OPENFOAM®.
HELYX® v2.2.0 incorporates several new features, improvements and bug fixes with respect to v2.1.1, including an updated version of HELYX-Core v2.2-2.0 (ENGYS' own enhanced open-source simulation engine based on the OpenFOAM® v2.2 library). Other improvements in this release include, but are not limited to:
- Added support for N-phase Euler-Euler multiphase flow solver
- Added support for IGES/STEP import
- New interactive geometry manipulation tool to split surfaces into multiple boundary regions
- New base mesh option to import an existing custom made blockMesh into HELYX-GUI
- Improved compressible flow materials interface with extra options and models
- Added support for monitoring function volume probes in HELYX-GUI
- Added support for wall roughness boundary conditions in HELYX-GUI
- Improved Custom interface in HELYX-GUI for user-defined input files
- Up-to-date documentation, all accessible via the Help menu in the GUI
The latest installation files for both Linux and Windows are now available to our customers for download from ENGYS' secure webiste.
For further information about HELYX® features and availability please visit our dedicated HELYX webpage.
About ENGYS (www.engys.com):
ENGYS develops, supports and delivers best-in-class CAE software solutions based on open source technologies, offering a variety of expert products and services focused around the OPENFOAM® library for CFD and DAKOTA for MDO. ENGYS involvement with FOAM and OPENFOAM® dates back to 1999, providing unparalleled knowledge and experience in the development, integration and application of this tool to deliver open-source based CFD solutions worldwide. The company operates globally through a network of offices in the UK, Germany, Italy, USA and Australia, and local distributors in Japan and Benelux.