ENGYS is pleased to announce the new release of ELEMENTS v3.0.0, an open-source based CFD software suite for vehicle design applications produced by Streamline Solutions LLC.
The product combines two simulation environments in one package: a dedicated virtual wind tunnel wizard for modelling external vehicle aerodynamics, and a general purpose CFD interface for solving other vehicle design applications (e.g. UHMT, HVAC, in-cabin flows, aeroacoustics, etc). The default methodology and best practices for external vehicle aerodynamics provided with this version of ELEMENTS have been widely tested and validated to conform to the latest regulations on alternative drag prediction methods proposed as part of the Worldwide harmonized Light vehicles Test Procedure (WLTP).
ELEMENTS v3.0.0 is a major software release with several new features and code refinements aimed at helping engineers and designers:
- Evaluate vehicle designs more efficiently using a completely new ribbon-based GUI layout focused on functional design.
- Automate external vehicle aerodynamics calculations using the new virtual wind tunnel wizard with fully configurable best simulation practices, automatic report creation, added support for rotating tyres/wheels, and new ride height and frontal area calculators.
- Solve more complex engineering problems with new improved CFD methods and tools for UHMT, HVAC, in-cabin flows and aeroacoustics, including better volume meshing, faster and more stable solvers, added support for multi-region CHT, new line-of-sight propagation methods for aeroacoustics, etc.
- Leverage on-demand computing and cloud services with a dedicated client-server framework for working remotely via secure network connections.
- Improved usability and productivity through powerful open-source CFD solvers and utilities developed and maintained by ENGYS, including ELEMENTS-Adjoint for topology and shape optimisation and the new block-coupled solver add-on module ELEMENTS-Coupled.
About Streamline Solutions:
Streamline Solutions LLC, a joint venture formed between ENGYS and Auto Research Center, was founded in the USA in early 2012 to serve the vehicle design software market, covering automotive, motorsports, commercial and military applications. The company develops and promotes the software ELEMENTS, a CFD analysis and vehicle design optimisation suite powered by open-source technologies developed by ENGYS. Streamline Solutions combines ENGYS’ leading-edge software development and support, a long and reputable participation in the open-source software business, with ARC’s proven vehicle design expertise and world leading wind tunnel and experimental facilities for validation purposes.