ELEMENTS combines two simulation environments in one package: a dedicated virtual wind tunnel wizard for modelling external vehicle aerodynamics, and a general purpose CFD interface for solving other vehicle design applications (e.g. UHMT, HVAC, in-cabin flows, aeroacoustics, etc).
The software have been designed to help engineers and designers complete the following tasks:
- Evaluate vehicle designs more efficiently using a completely new ribbon-based GUI layout focused on functional design.
- Automate external vehicle aerodynamics calculations using a virtual wind tunnel wizard with fully configurable best simulation practices, automatic report creation, added support for rotating tyres/wheels, and new ride height and frontal area calculators.
- Solve more complex engineering problems with improved CFD methods and tools for UHMT, HVAC, in-cabin flows and aeroacoustics, including better volume meshing, faster and more stable solvers, added support for multi-region CHT, new line-of-sight propagation methods for aeroacoustics, etc.
- Leverage on-demand computing and cloud services with a dedicated client-server framework for working remotely via secure network connections.
- Improved usability and productivity through powerful open-source CFD solvers and utilities developed and maintained by ENGYS.
The software is complemented by a comprehensive set of ancillary features and services, and can be expanded with the addition of the HELYX-Adjoint module for advanced shape or topology optimisation of vehicle aerodynamics and automotive systems, as well as HELYX-Coupled to access our block-coupled incompressible flow sover.