ENGYS is delighted to announce the release v3.1.2 of HELYX, a general-purpose Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) software solution for engineering design and optimisation based on ENGYS' own open-source simulation engine (HELYX-Core). The new release also includes updates for all of HELYX's add-on solver modules, namely: Adjoint, Coupled, Marine and Hydro.
HELYX v3.1.2 is a maintenance release with several refinements to remove known issues found in v3.1.1. Additionally, the following new features and enhancement have been added in this new version for the benefit of all users:
- Added support for our new dualised hex-dominant meshing algorithm.
- Added support (beta) for Generalised Internal Boundaries (GIB).
- New multi-phase flow solvers, including a dispersed Eulerian solver framework for handling diluted particle clouds and an algebraic slip two-phase solver.
- Improved interface for volumetric sources and cell zones based motion in the GUI.
- Complete code refactoring for handling boundary conditions in the GUI.
- New options for Field Process and Export functions.
- New topology and shape optimisation tools in HELYX-Adjoint add-on, including support (beta) for transient adjoint, thermal and mixing.
- Improved setup for HELYX-Coupled add-on.
- New captive manoeuvring simulation solver in HELYX-Marine add-on.
ENGYS develops, supports and delivers best-in-class CFD software solutions based around open-source technologies, offering a variety of expert products and services focused on CFD and MDO. The company's main software products include HELYX, ELEMENTS, HELYX-OS and several specialised add-on modules for adjoint based optimisation and advanced flow simulations. ENGYS operates globally through a network of offices in the UK, Germany, Italy, USA, Australia and South Africa, in addition to local distributors in Japan, South Korea, China, USA and Benelux. ENGYS® and HELYX® are registered trademarks of ENGYS Ltd.