ENGYS is pleased to announce the release of ELEMENTS v2.5.0, an open-source based CFD software suite for vehicle design applications produced by Streamline Solutions.
The product combines two simulation environments in one package: a dedicated wizard type interface for modelling external vehicle aerodynamics, and a general purpose CFD interface for solving other vehicle design applications (e.g. UHMT, HVAC, in-cabin flows, aeroacoustics, soiling, etc). The automated methodology for external vehicle aerodynamics provided with ELEMENTS have been widely tested and validated to conform to the latest regulations on alternative drag prediction methods proposed as part of the Worldwide harmonized Light vehicles Test Procedure (WLTP).
The new release of ELEMENTS incorporates several improvements and new features with respect to v2.4.0, including among other things:
- New Linux installation for CentOS 6.5 (with InfiniBand support).
- Improved I/O performance for large STL datasets.
- Enhanced memory handling for cases with a large number of surface regions and assembly parts.
- Added support for arithmetic expressions, process variables, logical operators and parts IDs in user-defined configuration files for external vehicle aerodynamics simulations.
- Increased robustness of the ELEMENTS-Adjoint add-on solver module for DES quasi-transient simulations.
If you are not an ELEMENTS user already, please check out our website or contact ENGYS for further information or scheduling a demonstration of the software.
About Streamline Solutions:
Streamline Solutions LLC, a joint venture formed between ENGYS and Auto Research Center, was founded in the USA in early 2012 to serve the vehicle design software market, covering automotive, motorsports, commercial and military applications. The company develops and promote the software suite ELEMENTS, a CAE platform for CFD analysis and vehicle design optimisation powered by open-source technologies. Streamline Solutions combines ENGYS’ leading-edge software development and support, a long and reputable participation in the open-source software business, with ARC’s proven vehicle design expertise and world leading wind tunnel and experimental facilities for validation purposes.