ENGYS is delighted to announce the release v3.3.1 of HELYX, a general-purpose Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) software solution for engineering design and optimisation based on ENGYS' own open-source simulation engine (HELYX-Core). The new release also includes updates for all of HELYX's add-on solver modules, namely: Adjoint, Coupled, Marine and Hydro.
HELYX 3.3.1 offers a wide range of extended capabilities and several refinements to remove known issues found in the previous release 3.3.0. Some of the new exciting features added in this version include:
- Expanded support for Python journaling in the GUI to cover the entire scope of features available in HELYX and associated add-ons.
- Improved meshing, including: better layer insertion for low y+ meshes, speed-up of the snapping stage, better crack detection in poor geometries, better snapping at sharp edges, etc.
- New porous baffle boundary condition as an option for cyclic and cyclic AMI type boundaries.
- New fields mapping tool with increased performance and robustness. Ideal for mapping results efficiently between two different models.
- New local rendering option in the GUI to display and interact with a case located on a remote server machine using the local machine’s graphics card.
- New discrete execution scripts in the GUI for both Linux and Windows machines. This allows the user to create a case on one operating system and submit it for execution on a machine running a different one.
- New emake build system based on the industry standard cmake. This is now the default HELYX-Core build system.
- Added support for multiple moving bodies in relative motion using GIB's (e.g. valves and piston moving inside an internal combustion engine).
- New (beta) periodic sector mesh interface capability for accelerated turbomachinery and rotating machinery calculations.
- New (beta) multi-direction wind-comfort assessment solver with added support for new multi-instancing technology (i.e. run multiple variations of the same case within a single case folder structure).
- Deprecation of end-of-life Linux distros: CentOS 6, Ubuntu 16, SLES 11, SLES 12 (SP3) and SLES 12 (SP4).
ENGYS develops, supports and delivers best-in-class CFD software solutions based around open-source technologies, offering a variety of expert products and services focused on CFD and MDO. The company's main software products include HELYX, ELEMENTS, HELYX-OS and several specialised add-on modules for adjoint based optimisation and advanced flow simulations. ENGYS operates globally through a network of offices in the UK, Germany, Italy, USA, Australia and South Africa, in addition to local distributors in Japan, South Korea, China, USA and Benelux. ENGYS® and HELYX® are registered trademarks of ENGYS Ltd.