ENGYS is delighted to announce the release v3.2.0 of HELYX, a general-purpose Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) software solution for engineering design and optimisation based on ENGYS' own open-source simulation engine (HELYX-Core). The new release also includes updates for all of HELYX's add-on solver modules, namely: Adjoint, Coupled, Marine and Hydro.
HELYX 3.2.0 offers a wide range of extended capabilities and several refinements to remove known issues found in the previous release 3.1.2. Some of the new exciting features added in this version include:
- New View tab for advanced visualisation and post-processing in the GUI, including full support for remote client-server connections. New GUI macro language with Python support.
- Added support for new version of HELYX-Mesh utility.
- New Proudman’s formula and Ffowcs-Williams-Hawkings noise propagation tool for computational aeroacoustics calculations.
- Added support for new HELYX-CHT unified solver.
- Added support for new Generalised Reference Frames (GRF).
- Added support for Thermal Comfort utility to calculate and monitor comfort indexes in line with ISO, ANSI-ASHRAE and other standards.
- New implementation of the level-set engine in HELYX-Adjoint for improved solver performance and robustness in topology optimisation.
- Improved HELYX-Coupled performance for calculation of pressure and viscous forces acting on a body.
- New propeller PID controller for 6DoF self-propulsion studies in HELYX-Marine.
- New rudder controller to perform free-running maneuvering studies in HELYX-Marine.
ENGYS develops, supports and delivers best-in-class CFD software solutions based around open-source technologies, offering a variety of expert products and services focused on CFD and MDO. The company's main software products include HELYX, ELEMENTS, HELYX-OS and several specialised add-on modules for adjoint based optimisation and advanced flow simulations. ENGYS operates globally through a network of offices in the UK, Germany, Italy, USA, Australia and South Africa, in addition to local distributors in Japan, South Korea, China, USA and Benelux. ENGYS® and HELYX® are registered trademarks of ENGYS Ltd.