ENGYS is delighted to announce the release v3.1.0 of HELYX, a general-purpose Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) software solution for engineering design and optimisation based on ENGYS' own open-source simulation engine (HELYX-Core). This release also features new versions of the add-on solver modules HELYX-Adjoint, HELYX-Coupled, HELYX-Marine and HELYX-Hydro. This launch coincides with the forthcoming ENGYS User Group Meeting 2018 to be hosted at the Royal Victoria Patriotic Building in London, UK, on 3, 4 and 5 September.
HELYX v3.1.0 is a major step forward in terms of quality and capabilities, offering several bug fixes and refinements with respect to previous versions of the software. Additionally, the following new features and enhancements have been added for the benefit of all users:
- Added support for our new dualised hex-dominant meshing algorithm.
- Added support (beta) for Generalised Internal Boundaries (GIB).
- New multi-phase flow solvers, including a dispersed Eulerian solver framework for handling diluted particle clouds and an algebraic slip two-phase solver.
- Improved interface for volumetric sources and cell zones based motion in the GUI.
- Complete code refactoring for handling boundary conditions in the GUI.
- New options for Field Process and Export functions.
- New topology and shape optimisation tools in HELYX-Adjoint add-on, including support (beta) for transient adjoint, thermal and mixing.
- Improved setup for HELYX-Coupled add-on.
- New captive manoeuvring simulation solver in HELYX-Marine add-on.
If you are not a user of HELYX already, check out the HELYX product page to learn more about this CFD package or contact ENGYS for further information or scheduling a demonstration of the software.
ENGYS develops, supports and delivers best-in-class CFD software solutions based around open-source technologies, offering a variety of expert products and services focused on CFD and MDO. The company's main software products include HELYX, ELEMENTS, HELYX-OS and several specialised add-on modules for adjoint based optimisation and advanced flow simulations. ENGYS operates globally through a network of offices in the UK, Germany, Italy, USA, Australia and South Africa, in addition to local distributors in Japan, South Korea, China, USA and Benelux. ENGYS® and HELYX® are registered trademarks of ENGYS Ltd.