ENGYS is pleased to announce the new release of ELEMENTS v3.2.0, an open-source based CFD software suite for vehicle design applications produced by Streamline Solutions LLC.
The product combines two simulation environments in one package: a dedicated virtual wind tunnel wizard for modelling external vehicle aerodynamics, and a general purpose CFD interface for solving other vehicle design applications (e.g. UHMT, HVAC, in-cabin flows, aeroacoustics, etc). The default methodology and best practices for external vehicle aerodynamics provided with this version of ELEMENTS have been widely tested and validated to conform to the latest regulations on alternative drag prediction methods proposed as part of the Worldwide harmonized Light vehicles Test Procedure (WLTP).
ELEMENTS 3.2.0 substitutes the original scheduled release of ELEMENTS 3.1.0 to align with the current version number of the HELYX® CFD platform developed by ENGYS.
Some of the new features provided with ELEMENTS 3.2.0 offer unique CFD modelling capabilities for automotive applications, such as predicting the drag of rotating tyres with grooves, estimate the location and intensity of noise sources around the vehicle, or generate comprehensive simulation reports automatically as part of a external vehicle aerodynamics analysis. Other enhancements shipped with this release include:
- New View tab in the GUI for advanced visualisation and post-processing, including full support for remote client-server connections.
- New GUI macro language with Python support for batch scripting and automation.
- Improved rendering performance for remote HPC client-server connections.
- Added support for new meshing features, including new surface healing and wrapping capabilities.
- Added support for Thermal Comfort utility to calculate and monitor human comfort metrics in line with ISO, ANSI-ASHRAE and other standards.
- New implementation of the level-set engine in ELEMENTS-Adjoint for improved solver performance and robustness in topology optimisation.
- Improved ELEMENTS-Coupled solver performance for faster and more stable calculations of drag, lift and moments.
To learn more about ELEMENTS, please visit ENGYS website or contact ENGYS to schedule a demonstration of the software and discover several success stories from automotive OEMs, tier-1 suppliers and motorsport teams who are already benefiting from using ELEMENTS.
About Streamline Solutions:
Streamline Solutions LLC, a joint venture formed between ENGYS and Auto Research Center, was founded in the USA in early 2012 to serve the vehicle design software market, covering automotive, motorsports, commercial and military applications. The company develops and promotes the software ELEMENTS, a CFD analysis and vehicle design optimisation suite powered by open-source technologies developed by ENGYS. Streamline Solutions combines ENGYS’ leading-edge software development and support, a long and reputable participation in the open-source software business, with ARC’s proven vehicle design expertise and world leading wind tunnel and experimental facilities for validation purposes.