ENGYS is pleased to announce the release of ELEMENTS v2.4.0, an open-source based CFD software suite for vehicle design applications produced by Streamline Solutions.
The product combines two simulation environments in one package: a dedicated wizard type interface for modelling external vehicle aerodynamics, and a general purpose CFD interface for solving other vehicle design applications (e.g. UHMT, HVAC, in-cabin flows, aeroacoustics, soiling, etc). The automated methodology for external vehicle aerodynamics provided with ELEMENTS have been widely tested and validated to conform to the latest regulations on alternative drag prediction methods proposed as part of the Worldwide harmonized Light vehicles Test Procedure (WLTP).
The new release of ELEMENTS incorporates several improvements and new features with respect to v2.3.0 to enable the user to:
- Reduce setup times using a wide range of new useful features in the GUI, such as automatic assignment of vehicle parts based on the CAD file prefix name, or a new calculator tool to determine the axis and center of rotation of a given component.
- Model rotating wheels via wheel velocity boundary, MRF or sliding interface options.
- Simplify tractor trailer simulations by specifying wheel axles.
- Improve simulation results in HPC systems with new solver default settings and numerical schemes to mitigate decomposition inconsistency issues.
- Create new custom modelling configurations to simulate any vehicle geometry and wind tunnel type from the GUI.
- Perform better topology and shape optimization studies with an up-to-date version of the ELEMENTS-Adjoint add-on module.
If you are not an ELEMENTS user already, please check out our website or contact ENGYS for further information or scheduling a demonstration. Alternatively, you can register for the next webinar organised by ENGYS on December 12th, 2017 discussing the topic of external vehicle aerodynamics analysis with ELEMENTS v2.4.0.
About Streamline Solutions:
Streamline Solutions LLC, a joint venture formed between ENGYS and Auto Research Center, was founded in the USA in early 2012 to serve the vehicle design software market, covering automotive, motorsports, commercial and military applications. The company develops and promote the software suite ELEMENTS, a CAE platform for CFD analysis and vehicle design optimisation powered by open-source technologies. Streamline Solutions combines ENGYS’ leading-edge software development and support, a long and reputable participation in the open-source software business, with ARC’s proven vehicle design expertise and world leading wind tunnel and experimental facilities for validation purposes.