High Performance Computing Engineer
ENGYS is currently seeking a High Performace Computing (HPC) Engineer (f/m/d) to join our Development Operations team. The role requires a proven track record across a wide range of activities connected to HPC and Cloud environments and will focus on the management of hardware assets and modernisation of HPC DevOps functions. Qualified candidates must have the right and ability to work in one of the following locations: London, UK; Trieste, Italy; Athens, Greece; Rostock, Germany; Cape Town, South Africa; or Porto Alegre, Brazil.
Applicants interested in this position, please send your CV/resume with a cover letter outlining your unique capabilities and qualifications to email@example.com with the subject: HPC Engineer.
Before sending us your CV, please check out our Privacy Notice for Job Applicants to find out how ENGYS collects and processes your personal information during the recruitment process.
- Manage, procure and maintain in-house and cloud based HPC assets and infrastructure;
- Administering Linux workstations and storage solutions;
- Improve software robustness and DevOps system compatibility with respect to existing and upcoming HPC environments;
- Provide HPC specialist technical support to software development teams.
- Degree in any of the following disciplines: Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems or related computing subjects;
- Minimum of five years' experience in relevant fields;
- ITIL Foundation level certification.
- Extensive levels of Linux administration, preferably in an HPC environment;
- High level DevOps methodologies understanding;
- Experience working with job scheduling, Linux environment modules, compilers, performance libraries;
- Experience with parallel programming models (e.g., use of OpenMP, MPI, CUDA);
- Knowledge of Amazon, Microsoft, or Google cloud platforms;
- Scripting and automation;
- Cloud administration experience;
- Virtualization knowledge and experience;
- Experience in hardware maintenance (Storage/CPU/GPU);
- Effective communication (fluent in English).
- Competitive remuneration and benefits package in line with experience.
- Flexible working hours and family-friendly initiatives.
- A chance to apply your skills towards developing new technologies to solve real-world problems for some of the largest and most innovative engineering and manufacturing companies in the world.
- Long term opportunity to be part of a highly innovative, fast-growing engineering software company.
- A highly challenging and dynamic work environment that values creativity and hard work.
- Training and mentorship to further develop your career.