Senior Cloud Developer
ENGYS is currently seeking a Senior Cloud Developer (f/m/d) to join our GUI development team and work closely with our product management to help in the development of a new SaaS line of products based on our existing computational fluid dynamics (CFD) software packages. The role requires extensive working knowledge implementing, migrating, managing and using operating systems / applications in cloud environments such as Microsoft Azure, Amazon AWS and/or Google GCP. Qualified candidates must have the right and ability to work at one of the following locations: Athens (Greece), Cape Town (South Africa) or Porto Alegre (Brazil).
Applicants interested in this position, please send your CV/resume with a cover letter outlining your unique capabilities and qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: Senior Cloud Developer.
Before sending us your CV, please check out our Privacy Notice for Job Applicants to find out how ENGYS collects and processes your personal information during the recruitment process.
This role is multi-facetted and includes a wide range of responsibilities:
- Design, implement, integrate, deploy and maintain ENGYS cloud-based software.
- Work as a software engineer developing, delivering and maintaining features such as infrastructure as code, our build and release platform, or customer-facing features.
- Solve technical development issues seeking guidance from others proactively.
- Initiate, participate in, and learn from code reviews as part of a Git process.
Qualifications and minium requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or related degree.
- Experience designing, developing and deploying cloud applications using well-known cloud providers such as Microsoft Azure, Amazon AWS and/or Google GCP.
- Strong software architecture, object-oriented design and programming skills, including SOLID principles & modular design.
- Strong core Java and Python skills.
- Experience writing unit tests and applying automated testing approaches.
- Experience with both Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Fluency in English (written and oral) with excellent writing, communication and presentation skills.
Preferred Additional Experience:
- Building full-stack Java web applications (J2EE, SpringBoot).
- Working with other industry-standard web technologies, including React, Angular, Vue, LESS/SASS, Database management, Network Management.
- Building self-contained applications using Docker, Vagrant.
- Competitive remuneration and benefits package in line with experience.
- Flexible working hours and family-friendly initiatives.
- A chance to apply your skills towards developing new technologies to solve real-world problems for some of the largest and most innovative engineering and manufacturing companies in the world.
- Long term opportunity to be part of a highly innovative, fast-growing engineering software company.
- A highly challenging and dynamic work environment that values creativity and hard work.
- Training and mentorship to further develop your career.