ENGYS is currently seeking a Java Software Developer with experience in developing Graphical User Interface tools to work at our office in Trieste, Italy. Due to the nature of this role, EU citizenship or Permanent Right to Work in the EU is required.
Applicants interested in the position, please send your CV/resume with a cover letter outlining your unique capabilities and qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: Java Software Developer
- Ensure the technical success of our customers using our portfolio of CFD software tools (HELYX, ELEMENTS, HELYX ADD-ONS, HELYX-OS).
- Support customers with R&D and engineering activities through the development and execution of best practices applied to customer specific engineering design objectives.
- Support in-house software development efforts through the testing of cutting-edge CFD and optimization software.
- Perform CFD analysis on a regular basis to assist in business development and engineering consulting activities.
- MSc, PhD or Laurea in Computer Science, Informatics, Engineering or other numerical field with solid knowledge of software development.
- Experience with object-oriented programming.
- Proven Java SE/EE programming skills.
- Basic knowledge of C/C++, C# and Python programming languages.
- Written and verbal communication and presentation skills in English.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to handle multiple tasks/multiple projects simultaneously while working in a team of experienced professionals.
Preferred Additional Experience:
- Development of Graphical User Interface tools for CFD/CAE software.
- Development of Graphical User Interface tools using Java Swing.
- Unit Testing/TDD.
- DevOps skills.
- Knowledge of 3D Graphical libraries, including VTK and/or Open CASCADE.
- Good general knowledge of CAE and PLM software systems.
- Knowledge of additional programming languages.
- Good competitive salary with flexible working hours.
- The opportunity to be part of a highly innovative, fast-growing engineering software company.
- A chance to use your engineering education applied towards solving real-world problems and develop new technologies.
- A highly challenging and dynamic work environment that values creativity and hard work.
- Training and mentorship to continue (or start) your software development career.