ENGYS is currently seeking a CFD Engineer with experience in the application of CFD modelling and simulation tools to work at our office in Saint Louis, Missouri, USA. Due to the nature of this role, US citizenship or US Permanent Residency is required.
Applicants interested in the position, please send your CV/resume with a cover letter outlining your unique capabilities and qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: CFD Engineer
- Ensure the technical success of our customers using our portfolio of CFD software tools (HELYX, ELEMENTS, HELYX ADD-ONS, HELYX-OS).
- Support customers with R&D and engineering activities through the development and execution of best practices applied to customer specific engineering design objectives.
- Support in-house software development efforts through the testing of cutting-edge CFD and optimization software.
- Perform CFD analysis on a regular basis to assist in business development and engineering consulting activities.
- Masters in Mechanical, Aerospace, Chemical Engineering or Naval Architecture.
- Basic programming knowledge of C, C++, Python or similar programming languages.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to handle multiple tasks/multiple projects simultaneously while working in a team of experienced professionals.
- Undergraduate and Graduate GPA > 3.0 (out of 4.0).
- Strong understanding of the basics of fluid mechanics and/or transport phenomena.
- Coursework (preferred) or a proper understanding of the subject of CFD and the Finite Volume Method.
- Experience installing and using OpenFOAM.
- Experience using any commercial CFD software (e.g. HELYX, ELEMENTS, ANSYS FLUENT, ANSYS CFX, STAR CCM+, COMSOL, Converge, etc.).
Preferred Additional Experience:
- Performing CFD analysis in the Automotive, Aerospace and/or Chemical/Fine Chemical/Petrochemical Industries.
- Using HELYX and/or HELYX-OS to perform CFD analysis.
- Installing and using Linux (e.g. Ubuntu, CentOS, OpenSuse, etc.).
- Running software on HPC and HPC job management tools (e.g. LSF, PBS, etc.).
- Using ParaView, EnSight, FieldView and/or other post-processing tools for data analysis.
- Using commercial meshing tools, such as: Pointwise, GridPro, HEXPRESS, TGRID, GAMBIT, ANSYS Meshing, Star CCM+ Trimmer Meshing, Harpoon, etc.
- Leveraging CAD software to generate or manipulate engineering designs, such as: On-Shape, SolidWorks, CATIA, PTC Creo, Pro/Engineer, ANSYS Spaceclaim, FreeCAD, etc.
- The opportunity to be part of a highly innovative, fast-growing engineering software company.
- A chance to use your engineering education applied towards solving real-world problems and develop new technologies.
- A highly challenging and dynamic work environment that values creativity and hard work.
- Training and mentorship to continue (or start) your CFD career