ENGYS is delighted to announce the release 4.0.0 of HELYX, a general-purpose Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) software solution for engineering design and optimisation based on ENGYS' own open-source simulation engine (HELYX-Core). The new release also includes updates for all of HELYX's add-on solver modules, namely: Adjoint, Coupled, Marine and Hydro.
HELYX 4.0.0 is a new major version that offers a wide range of extended capabilities and code refinements. Some of the new exciting features added in this release include:
- Mesh: enhanced hex-dominant mesh algorithms for improved robustness and near-wall layer coverage.
- Mesh: new runtime surface transformation and mesh extrusion capabilities embedded in the mesh process.
- Setup: new material library with added support for pure fluids, solids, mixtures, active scalars and passive tracers.
- Setup: new extended reference frames, including nesting for modelling complex motions involving multiple moving objects.
- Setup: new and improved boundary conditions for mapped profiles, ABL, target outlet flow rate, porous pressure outlets and fan pressure outlets.
- Setup: new turbulence models and wall functions.
- Setup: new volumetric sources for momentum, thermal, radiation and scalars.
- Setup: new function objects for runtime solution monitoring and noise propagation.
- Solver: new unified solver framework for single-phase flows with consistent pressure definition for incompressible and compressible flow solutions, including full support for HELYX-Coupled and HELYX-Adjoint.
- Solver: enhanced thermal capabilities, including volumetric thermal radiation for participating media and more stable solutions for natural convection flows.
- Solver: extended pressure-based, block-coupled solver capabilities in HELYX-Coupled to cover incompressible and compressible flow solutions.
- Solver: new dedicated 6DoF library coupled to Adaptive Mesh Refinement (AMR) in HELYX-Marine for faster calm-water and seakeeping calculations.
- View: new objects for field sampling, surface-based slices and runtime visualisation.
For a complete list of all changes and additions in this new version of HELYX, users can refer to the Release Notes delivered with the software.
If you are not a user of HELYX already, check out the HELYX product page to learn more about this CFD package, or contact ENGYS for further information or scheduling a demonstration of the software. You can also click here to register to attend the upcoming HELYX 4.0.0 Release Highlights webinar on April 19, 2023 @ 10:00 AM (CDT).
ENGYS develops, supports and delivers best-in-class CFD software solutions based around open-source technologies, offering a variety of expert products and services focused on CFD and MDO. The company's main software products include HELYX, ELEMENTS, HELYX-OS and several specialised add-on modules for adjoint based optimisation and advanced flow simulations. ENGYS operates globally through a network of offices in the UK, Germany, Italy, USA, Australia and South Africa, in addition to local distributors in Japan, South Korea, China, USA and Benelux. ENGYS® and HELYX® are registered trademarks of ENGYS Ltd.