ENGYS is is currently seeking an experienced CAE Software Developer to join our London team in the context of the EU project UPSCALE (Upscaling Product development Simulation Capabilities exploiting Artificial inteLligence for Electrified vehicles). The principle objective of the researcher during the 3-year project will be the development of a novel automatic parameterisation method based on 3D geometry interpolation. Due to the nature of this role the candidate must be a citizen of an EU member state or have the right to work within the EU.
Applicants interested in the position, please send your CV/resume with a cover letter outlining your unique capabilities and qualifications to email@example.com with the subject: CAE Developer / Adjoint Geometry
Before sending us your CV, please check out our Privacy Notice for Job Applicants to find out how ENGYS collects and processes your personal information during the recruitment process.
- Integration of efficient level-set framework with existing core mesh generation systems.
- Development and implementation of algorithms for adjoint-based 3D level-set interpolation.
- Extension to multi-dimensional interpolation system for automated parametrisation and DoE
- Support OEM project partners in the integration of automatic parameterisation framework with AI-based automotive aerodynamics design environments.
- Collaborate with other development team members to devise innovative solutions and long-term adjoint solution engine and mesh generator enhancement strategies.
- Document and publish novel research in the fields of Adjoint and Geometry/Mesh Generation.
- Ph.D. or MSc in Engineering, Physics or other numerical field with solid knowledge of adjoint optimisation methods.
- Demonstrable capability to derive and implement advanced numerical methods.
- Familiarity with adjoint-based control methods, level-set theory and mesh generation fundamentals.
- Minimum three years of experience in research, development or application engineering in a relevant field.
- In-depth programming knowledge of C++.
- Excellent writing, communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a distributed global team.
- Fluent in English (written and oral).
Preferred Additional Experience:
- Development experience using the OPENFOAM open-source library.
- Experience using an open-source level-set framework OpenVDB.
- Long term opportunity to be part of a highly innovative, fast-growing engineering software company.
- A chance to use your skills applied towards developing new technologies to solve real-world problems.
- A highly challenging and dynamic work environment that values creativity and hard work.
- Competitive remuneration and benefits package in line with experience.