ENGYS is is currently seeking an experienced CFD / AI Software Developer to join our London team in the context of the EU project UPSCALE (Upscaling Product development Simulation Capabilities exploiting Artificial inteLligence for Electrified vehicles). The principle objective of the researcher during the 3-year project will be the development of an accelerated CFD solver incorporating AI-based sub-systems. Due to the nature of this role the candidate must be a citizen of an EU member state or have the right to work within the EU.
Applicants interested in the position, please send your CV/resume with a cover letter outlining your unique capabilities and qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: CAE Developer / CFD-AI
Before sending us your CV, please check out our Privacy Notice for Job Applicants to find out how ENGYS collects and processes your personal information during the recruitment process.
- Investigate opportunities for reducing solution times in the context of implicit matrix-based CFD solver with specific emphasis on convolutional neural networks, matrix blocking (cache efficiency) and general code optimization.
- Develop and implement improved pressure projection solution algorithms incorporating CNN-based kernels.
- General solution algorithm optimization, with a focus on discretisation efficiency, matrix solution methods and configuration management.
- Integrate third-party sub-model for battery thermal systems and enhanced turbulence modelling.
- Support OEM project partners in the integration of the CFD solver with machine learning-based automotive aerodynamics design environments.
- Collaborate with other development team members to devise innovative solutions and long-term simulation engine enhancement strategies.
- Document and publish novel research in the fields of CFD and AI.
- Ph.D. or MSc in Engineering, Physics or other numerical field with solid knowledge of AI and/or fluid dynamics.
- Demonstrable capability to derive and implement advanced numerical methods.
- Familiarity with Convolutional Neural Networks.
- Minimum three years of experience in research, development or application engineering in a relevant field.
- In-depth programming knowledge of C++ or similar programming languages.
- Excellent writing, communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a distributed global team.
- Fluent in English (written and oral).
Preferred Additional Experience:
- Development experience using the OPENFOAM open-source library.
- Experience using an open-source AI framework (e.g. Tensorflow, Scikit-learn).
- Long term opportunity to be part of a highly innovative, fast-growing engineering software company.
- A chance to use your skills applied towards developing new technologies to solve real-world problems.
- A highly challenging and dynamic work environment that values creativity and hard work.
- Competitive remuneration and benefits package in line with experience.